Impact of and Response to COVID-19
On March 16, 2020, per the directive of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Department of Human Services/Office of Children, Youth and Families (DHS/OCYF), the SWAN prime contractor took measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. These measures ensure ongoing administration of the SWAN prime contract and compliance with the recommendations set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
SWAN Prime Contract Personnel
Unless otherwise notified:
- Effective March 17, the Harrisburg Office of the SWAN Prime Contractor is closed. Staff are working remotely through March 27 and plan to return to the office on Monday, March 30, unless otherwise directed by DHS/OCYF.
- SWAN prime contract personnel in home-based offices will work as normal while discontinuing travel to site visits, meetings and trainings until March 30.
- SWAN prime contract personnel in county-based offices are being transitioned to home offices where possible beginning Thursday, March 19 through coordinated efforts with our county contacts.
- Normal business functions will continue.
- The SWAN Portal remains fully operational.
- Meetings and trainings have been cancelled or will be rescheduled. This includes cancellation of the SWAN Spring Quarterly Meetings. The Administrative Updates delivered at the Quarterly Meetings will be posted to this website in the Publications section by March 25. Meeting communications will be sent as needed.
- Site visits and other meetings will be scheduled using audio/video conferencing.
- SWAN regional technical assistants, SWAN LSI coordinators and other staff of the SWAN prime contract can be contacted by phone. Please reach out to your contacts by phone or email with questions.
- The SWAN Helpline remains available to support families.
During this time, remember to:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your face when possible and wash your hands if you do touch your face.
- Clean surfaces and frequently touched items often.
- Avoid close contact with other individuals if they or you are sick.
We recognize that your agencies are developing response plans as well. Please know that we are committed to partnering with you to assure that children and families continue to be cared for during these challenging times. We will continue to provide information and developments as needed over the next two weeks and beyond.